Eight new television dramas have been selected for the FÍS TV Project Clinic. Developed by production companies from across Ireland including Cork, Donegal, Dublin, Galway and Mayo, the diverse teams behind each project are set to participate in a free one-to-one session with John Yorke, the UK’s foremost expert on story structure, author of “Into the Woods” and Bafta-winning TV drama producer. During the Clinic, John will provide critical feedback on their editorial materials and offer focused advice on potential improvements to make each project market ready.
The selected projects are:
- CHESS / Tua Films, Galway / Producer Paddy Hayes / Writer Ray Lawlor
- DAD’S RED DRESS / Lunar Pictures, Mayo / Producer Niamh Fagan / Writer Lindsay J. Sedgwick
- HEADCASES / Treasure Entertainment, Dublin / Producers Rebecca O’Flanagan, Rob Walpole, Sarah Gunn / Writer Charleigh Bailey
- LOUISE LIVES LARGE / Tailored Films, Dublin / Producers Ruth Treacy, Eithne Fitzsimons, Julianne Forde / Writer Carol Walsh
- SPARTICUS RISING / Treasure Entertainment, Dublin / Producers Rebecca O’Flanagan, Rob Walpole, Sarah Gunn / Writers Mary Kate O’Flanagan & Gavin Ryan
- ST JOHN / Danú Media, Galway / Producers Siobhán Ní Ghadhra & John Brady / Writer Brian Reddin
- THE PRETENDER / Tiger Darling Productions, Cork / Producers Alicia Ní Ghrainne, Jacqueline Kerrins, Dominc Wright / Writers Michael Kinirons, Arnaud Benoliel
- WEEKEND / New Decade Films, Dublin & Slipway Films, Donegal / Producer Nuala Cunningham / Writer Tara Hegarty
The FÍS Project Clinic in association with MediaXchange is a new addition to the suite of events delivered for the FÍS TV Summit (Fís). The 2021 edition of the Summit took place virtually in January where over six hundred attendees tuned in to sessions with Jed Mercurio (Line Of Duty, Bodyguard), Amazon Studios, BBC, ITV, Channel 5, Fremantle Media, Acorn TV and many more. Fís is organised by the Galway Film Centre in partnership with Screen Ireland and TG4 with support from Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI), Gréasán na Meán Skillnet, Screen Skills Ireland, Creative Europe Media Desk, GMIT and the WRAP Fund.
Follow #FÍSTVSummit on social media for news and updates.
About John Yorke
John is Managing Director of Angel Station where he works as a drama producer), consultant and lecturer on all forms of storytelling. A former MD of Company Pictures where he Exec Produced Wolf Hall, he’s worked as both Head of Channel Four Drama and Controller of BBC Drama Production. As a commissioning Editor/Executive Producer, he championed huge British hits such as Life On Mars, The Street, Shameless and Bodies and in 2005 he created the BBC Writers Academy, a year-long in-depth training scheme which has produced a generation of successful television writers – many who have gone on to have their own shows. The author of INTO THE WOODS – the biggest selling screenwriting book in the UK for the last six years, about how and why we tell stories – John is a double BAFTA winner (as programme maker) and multi-BAFTA winner (as commissioner). He is also Visiting Professor of English Language and Literature at the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. He lives in London but works as a story consultant worldwide.
Based in Los Angeles and London, MediaXchange is a media consultancy assisting entertainment industry professionals to develop effective knowledge, contacts and business in the international marketplace. Founded in 1991 by CEO Katrina Wood, MediaXchange’s roster of returning clients and new participants from around the world encompasses studios and networks, creative and business executives, writers and developers, financiers and filmmakers, government agencies and industry associations. www.mediaxchange.com