Calling all filmmakers! As a Screen Talent Europe partner, the Galway Film Centre is delighted to announce that applications for the Pitching Forum at the Norwegian Short Film Festival are now open. Apply now to be in with a chance of winning €4,000 for your short film.
Screen Talent Europe in collaboration with Mediefabrikken and the Norwegian Short Film Festival invite emerging producers, directors and screenwriters from Europe to pitch new short film projects at the festival in June. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, this year’s edition will be online.
12 short films will be selected to pitch online during the Pitching Forum. The 12 selected applicants will also take part in an online pitching workshop. In the 5-minute pitch, each participant will present their project to a pitching jury and an online audience of potential co-producers, financiers and filmmakers.
For further information, please contact: Jade Murphy at email@example.com
- Producers, directors and screenwriters are eligible to apply if they have produced at least 2 films (short fiction or documentary).
- You must apply with a project in development (fiction or documentary) with a maximum length of 30 min.
- To participate you need to be available online for pitching preparations on the 9th and 10th of June, and for the pitching forum on the 11th June 2020.
- Deadline for application is the 25th May 2020. You can read more and apply here.
What you get as a participant:
As well as attending the pitch you will take part in:
- A two-day workshop preparing the pitch with short online sessions.
- Networking Opportunities including speed dating with the Partners in the Screen Talent Europe Network. During these meetings you will be informed about co-support and co-production possibilities available within the partners support systems.
- You will also get free accreditation for the entire online festival programme.
About Screen Talent Europe:
Screen Talent Europe is a network of film centers working with talent development in Europe. Screen Talent Europe aims to create more co production, network and collaborations between emerging filmmakers in Europe. Read more about Screen Talent Europe here.
The Pitching Forum is organised by Mediefabrikken, the Screen Talent Europe partners and The Norwegian Short Film Festival.