CÚRAM, the SFI Centre for Research in Medical Devices, and Galway Film Centre are pleased to announce the return of Science on Screen, a funding strand for creative documentaries set in the world of science. The Science on Screen project will 100% fund one 26 minute film with a budget of €35,000.
Deadline for Submission is 2pm Tuesday April 17th
Email a Dropbox folder link with the following info:
- A detailed treatment of max. 2,000 words to include a narrative and visual outline of the film.
- A detailed production budget and budget summary. (Include costing for music and other media clearances). The budget should be completed on the form which can be downloaded from the following link: Science_On_Screen_Budget-2018
- CVs of Creative Team
- Excerpts of Director’s work and any other artistic references which support the submission (such as online links and / or attachments to the email).
- Written confirmation in the form of clearances and permissions of key subject’s willingness to participate, where applicable
- Any other relevant supporting materials that inform the creative approach to the proposal
- A small additional fund may be made available for those who wish to include animation in the film
Submit full application to: email@example.com
For further information on:
- The application process, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The science, email: email@example.com
- Successful shortlisted applicants must be available for interview on Thursday May 3rd (TBC).
- A trailer of the final film is due on Thursday 27th September in time for International Heart Day.
- The final film will be delivered on Friday October 5th 2018.
The trailers for the three previous Science on Screen commissions, Bittersweet, Mending Legends and Feats of Modest Valour are available here