Faroese Film Institute, Filmshúsið, has just been established with the main purpose of advancing and inspiring the Faroese film industry. They are now looking for a manager to direct and promote this work.
The Institute is to lead the way in developing professional skills within the Faroese film environment. The aim is to improve film making, promote film culture and nurture the incipient film industry in the Faroe Islands. Faroese Film Institute will formally be responsible for:
– providing advice and guidance for Faroese filmmakers
– marketing the Faroese film industry abroad and the Faroe Islands as film location
– responding to domestic and foreign inquires, as well as assisting film production
– facilitating contact and relations between different actors within the Faroese film environment
– structuring skills development and arranging relevant seminars
– collecting and conveying knowledge about film- and visual narratives
– cooperating with the Faroese film environment and relevant authorities in making sure that professional skills and knowledge are optimally utilised
We are looking for a person with the best possible qualifications to ensure that Faroese Film Institute can meet the obligations listed above. Serving as the Institute’s public, you are ideally an outgoing person who easily forms and sustains professional relationships and networks.
It is required that you have professional experience from the film industry and/or cultural professions in broader terms. Having worked in cultural institutions, on cultural projects or film productions can be to your advantage. You can work independently and you possess excellent communicative, cooperative and organisational skills. Also, you understand cinematic language.
Terms and Conditions
The manager is accountable to the Board of Faroese Film Institute. The salary is set based on agreement with the Faroese Ministry of Finance. The job as manager of Faroese Film Institute is a full-time position, based in Torshavn, the Faroe Islands.
Start date is 1 January 2018 or as soon as possible. The first three months of employment are considered a trial period.
Contact information and application deadline
Further information about the at: www.mainframe.fo/filmshus.fo
You can also e-mail email@example.com – subject line ‘Faroese Film Institute’ – or call chairman of the board, Jan Berg Jørgensen, at Tel. (+298) 218822.
Applications, along with CV and copies of certificates and recommendations, are to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 December 2017.