Galway, UNESCO City of Film, is commemorating the 1916 Rising with an exciting programme of seminal Irish Cinema and landmark television events to take place over eight Saturdays throughout 2016 to include screenings, debate and lively discussion of the development of our national identity and our national cinema over the past one hundred years.
Each event will be themed and programmed by a different guest curator, with March screenings ‘Film & The Church’ curated by Galway Film Society.
When: SATURDAY 19 MARCH
Where: An Taibhdhearc, Middle Street.
Tickets: €5.50 per film and €15.00 for the full day,
Venue: An Taibhdhearc BOX OFFICE 091-562024 or online at www.antaibhdherac.ie
- 12 noon: UNESCO City of Film FREE SCREENING of footage from The Radharc Archive.
- 1.30pm: Double Bill screening: OUR BOYS (1982) & BUDAWANNY (1987)
- 4.30pm: STELLA DAYS (2011)
- 7.15pm: THE JUDAS ISCARIOT LUNCH (2016)
- 8.15pm: PANEL DISCUSSION with filmmakers Bob Quinn, Thaddeus O’Sullivan, Teresa O’Grady-Peyton, Tony O’Dwyer and Matthew McAteer.
The panel will initiate discussion on topics raised in the films including the Catholic Church and its influences on education and censorship.