This hands-on course is designed to teach you the technical fundamentals and techniques of film-making and specifically camera-operation with DSLR cameras. The intensive course will help beginners gain the confidence to become a digital video film-maker whether you’re a photographer, journalist, corporate or documentary shooter. There are just 6 places on this course so early booking is strongly advised.
- Day 1: Camera: manual controls, exposure, white balance etc of including DSLR and JVC 100E
- Day 2: Lighting: Fundamentals of lighting & safety, interview setups.
- Day 3: Sound: Principles of sound recording, mics, mic placement, syncing.
- Day 4: Shooting Exercise: Students put the knowledge they’ve gained in the past three days to shoot a simple setup e.g. an interview/scene
- Day 5: Post Production: Importing clips, syncing sound, basic editing. Exporting movies.
Please note participants are welcome to bring their own camera to this course.
About the Tutor:
Aidan Maguire has shot a number of festival screened short films, including Needle Exchange, The Knife (Venom Film) and time lapse visuals for Joyrider (Fastnet Films) as well as corporate shoots for UCD, Coca Cola, Sony and Red Bull. He is also the founder of Time Lapse in Motion (timelapse.ie), providing 4K motion control solutions for documentaries, features, commercials and corporate videos.