Macalla Teo are producing a documentary for RTÉ, Life’s Like This, and are looking for people between 13 and 19 to submit videos to be included. The videos have to be made on Friday September 20th and can be up to 2 minutes long.
They can be uploaded at this link from Friday September 20th to 8pm Tuesday September 24th.
Anything goes with regards to content e.g.:
• An appointment with the dentist
• Homework completed on the bus
• A haircut
• A song
• A cow milked at dawn
• A night out with friends
• A family get-together
• A sporting event
• A viral video or Facebook session.
More information is available from firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01 670 4012 or 01 670 4895.
HOW AND WHAT TO FILM
• You can FILM ANYTHING ON ANYTHING
• You can film using your phone, camera, a webcam, iPad… you name it. If
it records you can use it. Just try for the highest quality possible please!
• Sound and focus is important. We need to be able to hear and see clearly
• You can speak in any language at all – English, Irish, Polish, French..etc
• Your film should be a maximum 2 minutes long.
• At the start of your film tell us your name and what time it is when you’re
• You can film anytime of the day and/or many different times of the day
once it’s on Friday 20th September.
GETTING YOUR FILM TO THEM
• Submission deadline is 8PM on Tuesday 24th September.
• Remember to get permission before you film. Only films which are
accompanied by a permission form signed by both parents can be used.
Every person who appears in your film needs to have a permission form
signed by their parents or themselves if they are 18 or over. You can
upload, post or email them all together.
• Remember you must ask people’s permission to film them.
• If you have a scanner, scan the signed permission form and upload it
together with your film on the tool on the right hand side.
• Include your parent’s mobile / contact phone number AND the names of
the people featured in your film in the MESSAGE section when uploading
• If you don’t have access to a scanner you can post a hard copy of the
permission form/s to Life’s Like This, Macalla Teoranta, 7 Lombard Street
East, Dublin 2 but ensure to include the full name of your film clip on this
• When saving your film on computer CALL the clip by YOUR full name (first
name and surname).
• If you cannot upload your film then send it, along with your permission
form by post to: Life’s Like This, Macalla Teoranta, 7 Lombard Street East,
Dublin 2. It will not be possible to return films sent by post.
• A wide range of clips will be included in the documentary, unfortunately
however it will not be possible to use every clip.
IF WE DO NOT HAVE A SIGNED PERMISSION FORM FOR EVERY PERSON FEATURED IN YOUR FILM CLIP – THEY WILL BE UNABLE TO INCLUDE YOUR FILM. DOWNLOAD THE PERMISSION FORM FROM www.rte.ie/trte/lifeslikethis AND POST TO: Life’s Like This,
Macalla Teo, 7 Lombard Street East, Dublin 2.