Tutor: Des Doyle
Date: 4th September 2018
Duration: 1 day
Location: The Harbour Hotel, Galway City
This seminar will focus on:
- Detailed breakdown of all the major US Networks – how they tier out (broadcast, cable, premium cable etc) what they are currently programming and what their brands/audiences are
- Detailed study of Pilot Season 2018 – what was ordered, what sold and why that was? What talent/s were involved and where does this take the Nets programming in the future
- Discussion on Peak TV and Streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) and their impact on U.S. programming and opportunities they present
- Network – Studio – Writer relationship, Pod deals and Shingles, Studio restrictions/obligations
- Breakdown of the Writers Year – Pilot, Staffing, Development, Buying and where are the windows for Irish writers.
Participant Profile: Producers and writers who wish to deepen their current understanding of the US Television Landscape.
Application Procedure: Please apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie.
Deadline for applications: Thursday the 16th of August. For further details contact: email@example.com.
About Des Doyle
Des Doyle is a D.I.T. graduate who spent 15 years working in the Camera dept in the Irish Film Industry before moving to directing. He is the writer/director of the critically acclaimed documentary ‘Showrunners: The Art of Running a TV Show‘, featuring JJ Abrams (‘Alias’, ‘Lost’, ‘Fringe’), Hart Hanson (‘Bones’), Robert and Michelle King (‘The Good Wife’), Ronald D. Moore (‘Outlander’, ‘Battlestar Galactica’), Bill Prady (‘The Big Bang Theory’) and Joss Whedon (‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’, ‘Firefly’) amongst others. The documentary also led to the accompanying book ‘Showrunners’, written by Tara Bennett and published by Titan. He is currently working on a new media- based feature documentary as well as providing consultancy services to Irish Producers & Writers with projects targeting the US market.