The Galway Film Centre & RTÉ Short Film Commission Scheme is accepting submissions until Wednesday 14th February.
Writers are invited to submit a story idea and from these the best three selected will receive a prize of €500 each. These three writers will then go on to be mentored by experienced Script Editor, Deirdre Roycroft, to bring their idea from a story outline to a finished script. From this, one script will be selected and commissioned as a short film.
How to enter:
*** APPLICATION FORM ***
- PDF version: 2018 RTÉ Short film application form
- .doc version: 2018 RTÉ Short film application form
Writers: What’s the Story? Writers are asked to submit a one-page story outline (about 500 words) and a two-page writing/script sample based on any part/scene from the story. That’s a maximum of 3 pages.
Please email a Dropbox link to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- 1-page story outline and 2-page sample in PDF format.
- Put the title on each page but not your name.
- 1 page CV and a completed application form.
Please send by post:
- 3 hard copies of both the one-page story outline and the two-page sample.
- The fee for a writer to enter is €25.00. Entry fee covers one script per person.
- The closing date is 5pm, Wednesday 14th February 2018.
All submissions will be read by three readers without them knowing the identity of the writers. Based on the three-page submission approximately ten writers will be shortlisted and invited for an interview. Based on the interview three writers will be selected and each will receive a cash prize of €500. All three will also get to work with an experienced Script Editor to develop the story outline into a finished script. One finished script will be selected approximately 4 weeks after the interview date to become the film that goes into production.
The GFC / RTÉ Short Film Commission is a scheme with a fund of €15,000 to produce a 10 to 15 minute short.
Full info on the RTÉ/GFC Short Film Commission is available here.
For any further info please email email@example.com or call 091 770 748.