Club Scannán Sailearna are pleased to announce another wonderful season of World Cinema to be shown in Seanscoil Sailearna, Indreabhán.
Every Thursday evening throughout the season the best films from around the world are shown in their native languages with English subtitles. Seanscoil Sailearna is a wonderful venue with a large cinema screen, comfortable tiered seating and a great sound system.
Each film season is organised by local film club, Club Scannán Sailearna, in association with Access Cinema and with the assistance of Galway County Council.
Membership in the Club costs €35 (€ 30), and covers the full season of films, or if you prefer you can pay €8 (€7) for any single film.
The films scheduled for the current season are listed below:
- 28 September: The Olive Tree (Spain 2016)
- 05 October: The Odyssey (France, Belgium 2016)
- 12 October: Song of Granite (Éire 2017)
- 19 October: Graduation (Romania 2016)
- 26 October: Lion (Australia, India 2016)
- 02 November: Land of Mine (Denmark, Germany 2015)
- 09 November: It’s Only the End of the World (Canada, France 2016)
- 16 November: Taispeántas Cumann na bhFlaitheartach
- 23 November: Silence (USA, Taiwan, Japan 2016)
- 30 November: Inversion (Iran 2016)
- 07 December: Scribe (Belgium, France 2016)