The Galway Games Gathering is the premier game development event in Ireland that brings leading game developers to the edge of Europe for talks on design, art, code audio and production, taking place on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th of September in Galway City.
A series of developer talks from top industry professionals will be held over the two days of the gathering. Speakers lineup include:
- John Romero – Developer of Doom and Quake
- Eimear Noone – Conductor and Composer on WOW and Diablo 3
- Brett Douville – Lead System programmer on Skyrim & Fallout4
- Mike Bithell – Game designer of the indie hit Thomas Was Alone
- Stephen O Callaghan – Head of Sound, Tools & Tech at Sony
- Craig Stuart Garfinkle – Award winning music producer & composer
- Liz Mercuri – Educational Evangelist at Unity Technologies
- Elizabeth Sampat – Game Design Lead at SYBO Game
- Colm Larkin – Developer of Guild of Dungeoneering
- Denman Rooke – Lead artist with Romero Games
- Anna Jenelius – Indie Games Developer & Narrative Designer
- Pete McNally – Technical Art team lead at Havok
- Om Tandon – UX Director with Digit
- Paul Conway – Developer of Darkside Detective
- Elaine Reynolds – runs mobile games company Simteractive Ltd
More speakers TBC
The Expo – Exhibit your Indie Game at G3
Over the two-day festival, Galway Games Gathering will have an expo of Irish indie gaming scene. Giving the public the unique chance to see and play games that are currently being developed by Irish indie developers.
Gamers don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to show off your work to key industry professionals, gaming press and the public.
- Exhibitors will get 2 Expo passes, 2 passes to the exclusive Nightly Gathering event and 1 pass to the G3 talks.
- Each game at the Expo will automatically be entered into the G3 game awards. The awards panel will be made up of speakers and press.
- Exhibitors will get a A3 size sign with their games box art for their exhibition space. (no stand up banners allowed at the event)
- Each Exhibitor space will be a 6ftX2Ft counter with space beneath for PC.
- All Exhibitors are asked to submit 2 piece of game art that will be displayed for the week leading up to the event and then auction of as part of a charity auction at the end of G3.
- Exhibitor Fee €125(students €90)
G3 Indie Game Awards
Exhibit your game at the Gathering and you will be automatically entered into the G3 Indie Game Awards.
The judges panel will be made up of G3 Speakers and Press. Award Categories will include:
- Best Game
- Excellence in Design
- Excellence in Art
- Excellence in Audio
- Excellence in Narrative
- Best Student
- People Choice
Tickets for Galway Games Gathering cost between €30 & €70 and can be purchased here: Galway Games Gathering Tickets
For full details on Galway Games Gathering see: www.galwaygamesgathering.com