Galway Film Centre is delighted to be running a new funding scheme for young filmmakers in Galway City and County called Dig Where You Stand.
- Two individual short documentary films, 10 to 15 minutes in duration, will be produced, with one based in the Galway City and one in the County Galway.
- Participating filmmakers must be based in Galway and be under 35 years of age.
- A budget of up to €6000 is available per film.
- The participating filmmakers will be mentored by established documentary filmmakers.
- Themes include Migration, Landscape and Language in line with Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture.
- Galway Film Centre will provide support through equipment, advice and assistance.
How to apply:
Filmmakers submit the following by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 page outline of their documentary idea. (PDF)
- Proposed budget of up to €6000. (Excel file)
- Up to date current CV. (PDF)
- 2 links to previous work. (Vimeo/Youtube/Website)
- Email/letters of commitment from key contributors. (PDF)
- Complete submission to be sent in 1 email with subject line including reference to Galway City or Galway County.
Applicants will be shortlisted and then called for interview in late July.
DEADLINE for applications is: 5pm, Monday 17th July
Any further information please email: email@example.com or call 091 770748.