Galway Film Centre is a member of Screen Talent Europe; a network of film workshops and media centers in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Faroe Islands, Germany, Ireland, Northern Ireland and France. Our colleagues in the alternative film school ‘Super8′ in Denmark are hosting a film festival ‘Super 8000′ in collaboration with Aarhus Capital of Culture 2017, Filmtalent and Aarhus Film Workshop.
The Super8000 Film Festival will take place in Aarhus in October 23rd -29th 2017 and will consist of two events: a micro-experimental, five-day workshop for selected European film talents, that overlaps with a major three-day exhibition, open to everyone.
The main vision of Super8000 is to present the audience a multitude of European high-end, talent film, showcasing innovative ways of telling stories for the screen. Super8000’s ambition is to facilitate an environment where film talents and the industry can learn from each other in an atmosphere of trust and creative sharing. Therefore, the classical element of competition when showcasing film will be dispensed. Super8000 aims to inspire innovation and international collaboration, which will rise to new narratives throughout film in Europe.
There are currently two call-outs for submissions:
Workshop open call:
The workshop is a 5-days event, where European film talents will develop and produce a 2-4 minute film, which they will present during the Super8000 Exhibition at the art cinema East of Eden in the heart of Aarhus.
- The participants must be either directors or scriptwriter’s aged 21+, with experience from at least one film produced at a film workshop or a film school within the last year.
- Applications are assessed on the level of boldness, creativity and curiosity of the ideas, as well as the level of maturity and experience.
- They are looking for 6 film talents, 2 from Denmark and 4 from Sweden, Norway, Ireland or Germany.
- The travel and accommodation will be payed for by Super8000.
- You can find the open call for the Workshop here: http://super8000.dk/workshop/
Exhibition Open call:
- For the exhibition the Super8000 Film Festival is looking for upcoming filmmakers who have not yet broken through as established filmmakers, and who dare take chances, when it comes to telling stories in new and unexpected ways.
- The films must be Min. 10 minutes, max. 40 minutes long. They accept all categories within the genre of fiction. They do not accept documentary-based films or commercial films of any kind.
- You can find the open call and the application scheme for the Exhibition here: http://super8000.dk/exhibition
The application deadline for both the workshop and the exhibition is Wednesday 31st May.