How to apply for Science on Screen:
Galway Film Centre and CÚRAM, Centre for Research in Medical Devices, are pleased to announce the return of Science on Screen, a funding strand for creative documentaries set in the world of science. The Science on Screen project will 100% fund one 26 minute film with a budget of €35,000.
Deadline for Submission is Wednesday April 19th
Email a Dropbox folder, with the following info:
- A detailed treatment of max. 2,000 words to include a narrative and visual outline of the film.
- A detailed production budget and budget summary. (Include costing for music and other media clearances). The budget should be completed on the form which can be downloaded from the following link: Science_On_Screen_Budget – 2017
- CVs of Creative Team
- Excerpts of Director work and any other artistic references which supports the submission (as online links and / or attachments to the email).
- Written confirmation in the form of clearances and permissions of key subject’s willingness to participate, where applicable
- Any other relevant supporting materials that inform the creative approach to the proposal
Submit application to: email@example.com
For further information on:
- The application process, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The science, email: email@example.com
Successful shortlisted applicants must be available for interview on Wednesday May 3rd (TBC).
In 2016, the Science on Screen scheme, supported by the Science Foundation of Ireland (SFI) Discover Call, enabled the production of two films, Feats of Modest Valour, a touching portrait of three individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and the scientists who are developing a new medical device, which could potentially halt or even cure the disease; and Mending Legends, which looks at the devastating effects of tendon injury on sports people and the team of scientists who are working to form the world’s first 3D cell assembled tendon prototype.
See the trailer for Mending Legends here.
See the trailer for Feats of Modest Valour here.