Dates: 28th and 29th January 2017
Duration: 2 days
This course is a mixed ability class including beginners, but also targeted at those seeking to improve their Sketch-Up skills. Places on the course will be limited in order to offer participants as much individual guidance as possible.
Galway Film Centre and Screen Training Ireland are seeking participants for a Sketch-Up training programme. The programme is aimed at both beginners and those with some Sketch-Up experience.
Topics covered on the course will include:
- Brief overview of the basics including key concepts, menus and tools
- Examples of the use of Sketch –Up in recent productions.
- Demonstration of best practice for Sketch-Up.
- Modelling with photos and textures.
- Geo-locating with Google Earth
- Working with CAD files.
- How to present your models
- Using Sketch-Up for quick concept drawings
- Common problems and how to deal with them.
Tutor: Tom Conroy
Production designer, Tom Conroy studied Fine Art (Sculpture) at the National College of Art and Design, Dublin and Film Design at the National Film and Television School, Beaconsfield, UK. He has designed many productions including television series The Vikings, The Tudors and Camelot, and feature films Legend, Breakfast on Pluto, Inside I’m Dancing and East Is East. He is currently designing The Professor and The Madman.
Please apply online with current CV at www.screentrainingireland.ie.
Deadline for applications: Friday 6th January 2017.
For further details contact Mary Deely at the Galway Film Centre at email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org.