Dates: Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th January 2017
Duration: 2 days
This course is aimed at trainee and assistant production co-ordinators and those with production experience who wish to work in production co-ordination.
The Galway Film Centre and Screen Training Ireland are seeking participants for a Production Coordination training programme. The course will cover each stage of the production coordination process, and will include both lectures and practical exercises.
Topics covered will include:
- Brief Introduction to the three stages of production – prep, shoot, wrap
- overview of the role of the production office, role of the Production Coordinator and the production team
- Overview of each department’s function, individual roles and their working relationship with production.
- Set up and management of production office – physical space, equipment, facilities and team
- Set up of production folder: Examples of all necessary paperwork within each sub-folder
- Crewing the production: Contractual paperwork and unit list
- Cast: What’s involved in dealing with casting director, agents, cast, rehearsals, CANs, contracts, castlists, accomodation & travel, child licences
- Explanation of prep diaries, recces, pre-production meetings
- Script: overview of clearances/negchecks. Distribution of script and revisions
- PO system for organisation and sign-off of all production spend
- Organisation of crew equipment/tools, consumables, and H&S considerations for set
- Daily workflow of production office during shoot, including liaison with set, script & schedule distribution, callsheets, sides and progress reports
- Wrapping up of production, electronic and physical delivery of wrap files.
Tutor: Sinéad Barry
Sinéad has worked as a production co-ordinator on a wealth of TV and Film productions over the past decade. Her experience spans both Irish and International feature film and TV drama, including The Clinic, Primeval, Roy, Death of a Superhero, All is by my Side, Ek Tha Tiger. More recently she has worked on Jack Taylor, Striking Out, Grace Jones ‘Musical of my Life. Sinéad has also co-ordinated a variety of commercials and promos for clients including Jameson, Barry’s Tea, Prepay Power, Kerrygold and Fáilte Ireland. She is currently co-ordinating Mark O’Rowe’s ‘The Delinquent Season‘.
Please apply online with current CV at www.screentrainingireland.ie.
Deadline for applications: Friday 6th January 2017.
For further details contact Mary Deely at the Galway Film Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.